It is commonly used in many skin and hair products to enhance the appearance, texture and health of both. Since ancient times it is thought to be particularly beneficial for brain health too, due to its special nutrients.
- Sweet almond oil contains:
- Vitamin E, K are anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant, being helpful in cases of sun exposure and skin irritation issues and in combating natural ageing of skin tissue.
- Fatty acids, mostly monounsaturated fats, which are the healthiest for dietary consumption. Almond oil taken internally, has been linked to a wide range of health benefits, relating to heart health, cholesterol, blood sugar, eye and brain health.
- Zinc, which can be useful for nail and hair health, applied as a moisturiser or treatment.
- Almond oil is a natural makeup remover and skin moisturiser.